Thursday, August 8, 2013

Personal Training Sales Success: Personal Training Sales Script

It is important to follow a sales script when you pitch personal training to your clients. If you have not built one before, or you are looking to improve yours you can use this as a guide. However I will first explain to you the simple steps needed to build a personal training sales script correctly.

You will start by gathering their personal information. For example you will want to get their Full name, Address, Phone number, Age, Marital status, as well as their fitness goal and how serious they are about getting started. The best way to do this is hand them a sheet of paper with your business logo on it, and have them fill it out. When they filling out your guest card have them sign the fitness waiver as well. Then sit down with them and introduce yourself. Start to examine the card and find some common ground that you have with them to begin a conversation. You want to do this to begin building rapport. While you are building rapport with them, also make sure they have filled out the card correctly, and if they have not ask them the questions and finish it with them.

Hi Joe, I see you live just around the corner here.
Joe: Yes I do
Great and Will your wife be coming down to exercise with you
Joe: Yes eventually she will I just want to check it out first.
Yes I do the same thing with my wife, I'm kinda like her guinea pig.
Joe: hahah.........

Why is this step so important? Well its called qualifying the buyer. You will know if they live close, if they are serious about buying and other important info. You are able to figure out what their objections will be and overcome them before you present the prices.

Next I will begin by discussing their goals. I do this in order to find out what their hot buttons will be, what will make them buy. Do they want to lose ten pounds? How do they feel about their weight now? How much better will they feel without those ten pounds? Get them emotionally involved. We buy based on emotion, even if something is too expensive if we really want it we will find a way.

So Joe what are your goals?
Joe: Well I want to lose ten pounds
Okay great, I can help you with that. How quickly would you like to see this result?
Joe: Well I have a holiday coming up in about 3 months
Not a problem we can develop a plan to meet that deadline, let me ask you how will you feel on your holiday if you have not lost the ten pounds?
Joe: I wont feel good, I am meeting up with all my old friends and I want to look and feel good.
Ok so that will be your motivation to get started then
Joe: Yes I guess so

From here I transition into what their options are, I like to give them at least two options. Giving them two or more options forces them to choose one. Giving them one option allows them to say no.

Okay I have two programs that will fit you best. The first is the 24 session package, I would see you twice a week up until your holiday. The cost of this is xx

Or we have the 36 session package where I would see you 3 times per week, The benefit of this plan is that we will exceed your goal.

Which package did you want to go for today?

I always phrase the last question this way, which package do you want "today"(and point to the one I want to sell them). Saying "today" and pointing to the package helps guide them to buy your recommended package today.

Once they choose a package I say to them, great ill get what I need to get you started. I never like to mention paperwork or sales. Its a negative thing. So keep it simple.

For more tips on selling Personal Training come visit us on Facebook.

www.facebook.com/personaltrainingsalessystem

Please see our kickstarter Campaign, we've launched a new unique Posture Corrector

Posture Corrector Kick starter Campaign




No comments:

Post a Comment